Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Flovent Shortage

I just got a letter from ExpressScripts, our prescription mail order house, that they can't fill Oz's Flovent prescription. It's on backorder!

They actually sent the script back, which says to me that this is probably going on for a while.

Our pulmo warned me this could happen back in December/January. When the local pharmacist was able to fill the Rx I didn't think it would be a problem. And I certainly didn't think it would be a problem so many months later!!

Weird isn't it? Why would there be a Flovent shortage? Is it just the Flovent 440, or are the 110 and 220 in short supply as well? Can I give him one shot of 110 twice a day or a single puff of 220 daily instead?? Is there a Qvar shortage, too??

The worst part is paying the $40 co-pay for one MDI instead of paying $40 for three, which is what I'd pay if Express-Scripts was filling it....

No comments: