Monday, August 22, 2005

Congested Again -- Seeing Doctor Thurs.

A week after we finished antibiotics for a sinus infection (BOTH boys) they're both congested again. I think I can fairly blame this on my parents who came back from a "jaunt" in Russia with persistent, nasty colds.

My four-year-old isn't coughing (yet) but was showing off some nasty blood-tinged mucus by the end of the day yesterday. Pretty nasty!!! The baby, on the other hand, is coughing a LOT.

Just to be safe, I started albuterol last night. I also gave him Dimetapp before bed.

We'll see. #1 Son is due for a checkup with the pulmonologist anyway, so I'm taking him Thursday afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and your honesty. I found you from the bbc boards which I never check anymore (due to the ding-dongs) until today. My little dude is almost 3 and we are putting him on singulair today since the pulmicort isnt completely solving our maintanence needs (cold-induced asthma, most likely due to early birth and RDS/PPHN at birth), hence why I went to check out the asthma board. You are 100% correct that controller meds are meant to control and mothers who take their kid on and off medicines are really asking for trouble, but of course everyone is going to see this as a "personal" attack on their parenting skills.

Thanks for the info, I will check in regularly and make sure to post any side-effects of singulair if you find any...