Monday, July 12, 2004

Hah!!!

Asthma Often Does Not Go Away as Kids Get Older

I know everyone just thinks I'm being horribly negative when I say, "Actually, he probably won't outgrow his asthma..." but see? See? It's true!!!

Our pulmonologist has told me this a thousand times, and even my own husband doesn't believe it. The truth is, when you have a "tricky" respiratory system, it just stays tricky. But treating asthma aggressively within the first few years of diagnosis can really help the resp sys grow healthier over time. Which means that Bryn probably won't be on Flovent forever. By the time he's a teenager, he'll probably just need to carry Albuterol around, "just in case."

So while this headline isn't the best news in the world -- I would rather have seen a headline saying, "Asthma DOES Go Away as Kids Get Older" -- it's nice to have some substantiation for my comments.

No comments: